6/27/11

woody + me

I am working on a new zine, but the writing is slow going. The basic concept is that I take famous quotes from a particular famous person, this issue it is the amazing Mr. Woody Allen, and I use them as starting off points for a story or insight of my own. For instance, Woody's famous quote, "I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens,” leads perfectly into some thoughts on my battles with anxiety and panic attacks. Fittingly, the zine is called Woody + me.

All of the excitement of this weekend, with pride and engagements and tears of joy for our moment in history, just burnt me out a bit. When I get the zine together, I will be sure to post it here first. Until then, enjoy some awesome Woody Allen themed art from various flickr artists...

1. Woody, 2. Woody , 3. Zelig #445, 4. Woody, 5. "Introducing Annie" 12x12 Acrylic on Canvas, 6. Woody, 7. Just Showing Up, 8. Woody allen underpass, 9. Jef AĆ©rosol 2008 - "Post No Bill" (Woody Allen)

No comments:

Post a Comment