7/11/11

monday morning

Here are some small silhouette pieces I made this morning, before daily life mayhem ensued, for an upcoming zine project. They are all a mix of acrylic and inks on book pages from an old children's science encyclopedia.


Lilo and I are moving at the end of this month. We are going to try out living in two cities at once, nyc and Nashville to be exact. Not as a means of space or a break up, though we will each be in our own cities alone in the beginning, but as a grand experiment in a new lifestyle. New York is starting to make me feel really small, and I am just over feeling defeated about that.

Needless to say I am tackling major to-do lists trying to make sure this all goes off without hitch. The prison of grown up responsibilities is a good forced suspension, because the few pockets of time I have been able to cull for art making have been more satisfying than I have felt creatively in awhile.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Evey, hope it all goes well. Glad you are enjoying your art. I'm in the blogs swap too. If I could follow again I would. Hope all goes well with the move.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piece of art pictured top right of these three. It makes me think of someone gradually growing and developing into a mature healthy emotional adult, which is hopefully what we'll all manage :) Quite a thought provoking piece.

    Jay
    (Read my blog! swap)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the third piece that you pictured. That's really great! Grown up life IS a prison, it's important to keep making time for the things you love.

    I couldn't imagine living in NYC, it makes me feel small just visiting!


    Amber
    (Read my blog! swapper)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I hope you regain your sense of self after you move.
    Alaundra from swap bot

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks beautifull!

    I am now following you trough the swap bot swap!

    greetz niki!

    ReplyDelete