8/19/11

Stink Eye


The drive down to our new Nashville abode has been postponed for an extra week, but I just cannot take being out of touch with my inner monster anymore. So, there I went to the storage unit, and 25 minutes of mess making later I found one of my art supply boxes. A glorious all-nighter of creativity ensued and voila, I give you a preview of my newest zine.

Stink Eye is an art zine filled with original mixed media collages, lots of ink/stencil stuff over altered magazine cutouts. Feeling artistically stunted lately, I took to randomly x-acto knifing eyes out of magazine ads. Try it sometime; it is a great frustration release. As I amassed a small army of eyes and unwatching faces, my gears started turning, and before I knew it I had made several collages.

The street art inspired collages each feature a face or human form devoid of eyes. My therapist would say that this indicates that I am feeling disconnected. Yeah, tell me about it. The zine also includes two handwritten lists of things I find inspiring, such as Beth Ditto's big, bold heart, inappropriate polka dots and visual energy. Soon it shall be sent to the printer and available for trade + sale. Me thinks a giveaway is in order, so stay tuned.


This all just goes to show you that getting your hands dirty, however unfocused in the beginning, will eventually lead you to productivity.

2 comments:

  1. Looks cool! Definitely love the collages.

    P.S. Thanks for following my blog. :)

    xox Courtney Michele
    Breakfast in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collages are awesome! Love your blog!
    HeidiBrooks on swap-bot

    ReplyDelete