11/1/11

working on new zine


It is November 1st and the official start of NaNoWriMo. Is anyone taking the plunge this year? Let me know, because I would love to follow your progress. The month long writing challenge is on my 101 things to do in 1001 days list (which you can follow right here by the way.) Since I am not even close to 100% health wise, I decided to leave myself out this year. Words seem to be pieces I cannot fit together, or can I?

Last weekend, I planned to make art with this song from intergalactic lovers kind of wishing around in my head. What came up from within me was not imagery, so much as words from a broken past. I'm working on a new zine about this past. More specifically, a past relationship. My reasoning of that world I used to perpetuate, and that person I used to try to be, never makes much sense. And who am I kidding? That is just the way I always want it to be.

Here is a work in progress excerpt of perpend. The art cards are from a collage series I did last year.

 (page one)

first off and kindly,
fuck you.

it is rather impossible to write without your knife inside of me, and I am fairly certain you knew of this when you decided to take it away.


the timeline is now, forever and then.



  



(page two)

there were so many plastic bags
flying around yesterday. a bag
stuck to a tree pretending to be
a flag. a bag creeping across
the pavement pretending to be
a snake. bags being birds. or
they could have been bombs.
you cannot really tell what is
going on till it actually
happens.






17 comments:

  1. I participated in NaNoWriMO last year and didn't finish. Very cool zines you made there.

    Anna (mynursecoach) swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out your 101 things in 1001 days... Really, thinking about doing something similar..thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see plastic bags flying around... reminds me of the scene in American Beauty. Thanks for sharing - I would like to do NaNoWriMo but I doubt it will happen - so much to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i admire how true to yourself you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...newest follower from promo frenzy team!

    Hope you follow me back:

    http://scrapbookluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about doing the 101 things in 1001, not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You are far more creative than I am. I'm going to go read about your NaNoWriMo....sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very unusual. Good luck with your zine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Evey! How are you? I am currently participating in NaNoWriMo and am in the dreaded second week. I am keeping up with it, currently I am only 2000 words behind but plan to write double today to just about catch up to the current word count target. I plan to be completely caught up by the weekend. The second week is hard, my main character is procrastinating just like I am!! I need to get him out and doing some action but this is hard! He will be going outside today and getting into some trouble. ;)

    Your zine looks great! I would really love to learn how to make them. How do you bind them? What kind of fornat is the paper in? Is there a tutorial you follow?

    Anyway I'm ilona73 on swap bot and my blog is http://ilona73.blogspot.com/ if you would like to check it out. I am "ilona" on NanoWriMo if you would like to follow my progress. I need to do a blog post on my progress. I'll probably wait until this weekend when I am caught up to the word count.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excel is a great way to keep track of 101 for 1001! Why didn't I think of that earlier?! I tried it before and it got really messy keeping track of things, I finally gave up. I'll try again next year and attempt to keep my progress neat on excel.

    I hope you get better soon and god luck with your 101 for 1001 list (:

    And being a huge fan of zines, I can't wait to see what your new one!

    mag // Gain Blog Readers and Comments

    ReplyDelete