1/11/12

broken angels

gangsta angel   -   ink on 9x12 bristol board

One of my artistic goals for the new year is to experiment out of my comfort zone. That means using canvas as a base, creating larger works, and sometimes limiting myself to one medium. So last night I pulled out some 9 x 12 bristol board I'd had in my stash for quite some time, removed everything from my desk except for my trusty ink pads, and I got to work. I'm calling the series broken angels.

isolation angel   -   ink on 9x12 bristol board

starlight angel   -   ink on 9x12 bristol board

14 comments:

  1. Really beautiful...I never use that word lightly but really I love them, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love your interpretation of broken angels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm much taken with your new direction. These are the kinds of renderings that cause one to pause and reflect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting pieces. Keep going. They're beautiful abstract and different. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool designs and I love how you challenged yourself to stick with just a few simple items to work with! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, LOVE the broken angel series,
    they're so... different in such a fascinating way

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really find these interesting. They make me think. They are really intriguing. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The movement is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are gorgeous. I have no idea how you made those, but they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Comment Blog ♥ (6) Swap Piimanyx (1/3)

    I really like your work !
    It's very beautifull !
    I'll like to know drawn like you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. Simply Stunning!

    SE
    violettedream
    Check Out my Blog #8

    ReplyDelete