5/18/16

Chattanooga Zine Fest 2016

Had a blast vending at the Chattanooga Zine Fest this past weekend. Lilo and I made a mini adventure trip out of it, ate lots of vegan treats, swam in a heated salt water pool, and enjoyed so much greenery. Nashville is a lush place as well, but the more urban areas don't have old trees (or that many old buildings.) We felt surprisingly at home.


The 4th floor at Chattanooga's main library is the bee's knees. It's a huge maker space with a laser cutter, button makers, looms, a 3d printer, screen printing area, etc. Basically, a dream creative studio. As far as I know it is completely free to use for the community (nominal fees for supplies), and they have all sorts of classes/events to encourage you to MAKE STUFF.  

Plus they have a little gallery space and a well stocked zine library. 





My table was bonkers. I should have signed up for two, because I could barely fit my stuff. I have 22 zine titles now, of course with more on the way. By the next fest I vend at, which is looking like Atlanta, I hope to have a few magazine rack style wooden stands built which will free up the table for art plates and some much needed blank space for eye resting.


No comments:

Post a Comment